Pandion just completed a revision of the Florida Division of Forestry manual, “Wildfire Risk Reduction in Florida: Home, Neighborhood, and Community Best Practices.”
This user-friendly manual provides resources and tools that homeowners, community leaders, developers, builders, and wildfire professionals can use to reduce wildfire risk to homes, neighborhoods, and communities in Florida.
Updates in the 2010 manual include:
- A simplified Wildfire Risk Assessment Decision Tree (see Chapter 1) that helps homeowners, developers, and communities determine if their home or community is at risk for wildfire.
- Expanded information on Collaboration and Outreach Strategies (see Chapter 2) to help communities and agencies work together to reduce wildfire risk.
- More focus on homeowners as one of the partners in wildfire risk reduction.
- New Florida-specific case studies, along with examples from other states.
- More photos and illustrations and updated graphics.
Download the 2010 manual and view the project page >>